Worried about Gambling
Bet Champion believes that gambling on sports should be safe and fun. It is not something that should take over your life and it should not be anything more than a fun hobby or a sideline.
However, gambling can be a real problem for some people and it is important that if you feel gambling is costing you more than you can afford or it is taking a disproportionate amount of your time, please look at some of the following websites for advice and assistance.
- Gamcare – This provide a telephone counseling service and an online line direct chat service, so you can be talking or messaging a supportive person within minutes of being on the site. There is also a really helpful and active forum to get involved in, where people can give advice on each other’s issues.
- Big Deal – Specifically designed for younger people who may be experiencing problems with gambling. There are articles about how gambling can effect anyone and there is a useful interactive self-assessment quiz to help you understand if you have a problem.
- Gamblers Anonymous – A very thorough resource with lots of information about gambling problems, but most usefully of all, they have regular meetings all over the country where gambling addicts and their families can talk about the relevant issues in a safe and non judgmental environment.
- Problem Gambling – This is the Wikipedia page about problem gambling. It contains a lot of helpful information about what treatment and assessment techniques are available for people who may need them.
- Gamble Aware – A well-known and very detailed resource offering help to anyone with gambling issues that are affecting them. There is a free phone number for getting in touch, advice about responsible gambling and a variety of fact sheets dealing with issues like problem gambling, types of gambling and young people gambling.
- NHS – A very detailed and helpful website from the NHS, providing a number of case studies and insights into the experiences of other people who have found that gambling turned into a problem for them.
Please do not suffer alone. Use these resources above for help and assistance. If you would like to speak to Bet Champion about any concerns that you have, feel free to leave a comment or get in touch.